Senior UI Designer
We are seeking a UI designer who is able to work in a collaborative, iterative design organization. They will be responsible for fine-tuning the interaction design for data-intensive experiences in the financial services industry that are both customer and bank-facing. In their role, the UI designer will obsess over the details of micro-interactions, transitions, affordances, legibility and other interface-level elements while having a perspective of the larger product design approach and overall UX of the product.
Responsibilities will include:
* Collaborating with product managers, business stakeholders and technologists to understand and act upon key business requirements
* Contributing to new feature definitions and exploration from concept through execution within an integrated team that meets business needs, user needs and technical capabilities
* Delivering design via concept sketches, wireframes, and ultimately production-ready comps
* Designing for motion/transition to enhance the feel of the resulting interfaces
* Creating and evolving consistent affordances across the product set to enhance and standardize the usability of the interfaces.
* Partnering with other UX/UI designers and developers to deploy user-friendly mobile-first customer experiences
* Seeing product additions/enhancements from concept or research to deployment and optimization
* Assisting Senior Design team in creating design rationale and specifications
* Advocating for clean, simple user-centered interfaces
The right candidate must show:
* Good working command of Sketch, Invision, and at least 1-2 higher-fidelity prototyping/motion tools such as Principle, InVision Studio, After Effects, or the like.
* Experience designing solutions for mobile-first responsive design (app-only and desktop-only is not preferred)
* Strong capabilities in overall visual composition: typography, spacing, placement, hierarchy - and creating consistent affordances that enhance the usability - and ultimately delight - of the resulting product. These should rely on text, color, and other systematic elements to convey usage
* Experience creating simple, usable experiences within a complex systems environment - ones that leverage large amounts of content/data but provide a simple, intuitive interface for applications or other types of transactional interfaces
* Some experience/aptitude in UX design (ability to create simpler sitemaps, journeys, etc)
* Success creating and launching work in a large product programs, with product managers, engineering, and design
* A track record of designing product that has been shipped (concept work is not sufficient)
* Experience working in a production environment, owning detailed deliverables (comps, motion parameters, etc) needed for engineering to execute a design
* A passion for simplicity, user empathy
* A digital-product-focused portfolio, ideally emphasizing both the business/audience problem they are solving and the fine-grained details of their work that tune the product solution they provided
* Experience working in agile, collaborative environments
* Ability to demonstrate interaction design beyond flat comps.
* 2-3 years experience in a design role
* Experience delivering work within an established design system
* Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira, Slack
* A sensibility for the role animation and transitions play in a user experience
* Please Provide link to your Portfolio to be considered
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession - combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness - enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.