The Alexa Preview team builds the technology that enables Alexa customers to express their opinions to Alexa at scale, and allows Alexa to adapt and improve. We joined this team because we like being close to the customer, understanding customer opinions, and connecting customers to Alexa in a way that has never been possible before. Our teams work in a fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about our customers, experiences, and systems. As a member of the team, you should be able to learn new concepts quickly and feel at home in a new and constantly evolving space.
The ideal candidate is an experienced technical leader with hands-on technical program management skills. You are passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions and obsessed with continuous improvement. You are a creative problem solver, able to recognize the difference between "rickety" and "scrappy," and a master at facilitating business and technical tradeoffs. You embrace failures as insights to evolve and grow, and value collaborative approach to learning.
As the Sr. TPM for Alexa Preview, you will work closely with Alexa engineering, BI and product management teams to translate business needs into workable technology solutions. You are willing to get hands on to produce detailed technical specs and high-level architecture designs. You are a big thinker, able to identify new opportunities for development as Alexa evolves. You will work with many Amazon teams to drive process and execution goals, regularly communicating with senior management. Discretion and a high degree of professional maturity are required.
* Own management of the product development lifecycle, embracing an iterative methodology
* Work closely with product managers and developers to drive architecture, engineering and integration design, decisions and timelines
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints to optimize risk taking behavior for maximum business benefit.
* Drive communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
* Develop and execute project plans and run the day-to-day project needs across all of the Alexa Voice of the Customer Technology team within Alexa Experience
* Maximize and ensure the most efficient use of resources and technologies
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.