TITLE:Sr. Test Software Engineer
BUSINESS:Mobile Consumer Electronics
Founded in 1946, Knowles Corporation (NYSE: KN) is a market leader and global supplier of advanced micro-acoustic solutions and specialty components serving the mobile communications, consumer electronics, medical technology, military, aerospace and industrial markets.
Knowles has a leading position in micro-electro-mechanical systems microphones and receivers which are used in smartphones, tablets and mobile handsets. As a Knowles team member, you are encouraged to challenge the status quo and see possibility in unexpected places. Because of our entrepreneurial culture, the only limit is your imagination. If you thrive in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment, you will fit right in. If you are driven by constantly redefining the gold standard of products and services that help customers, you will be a valuable member of Knowles. Let's move ideas from concept to reality together.
Candidate will work as a Senior Test Software Engineer in the Performance Audio business unit.
The successful, experienced candidate will collaborate with a team of engineers to architect, design and implement software solutions for testing audio devices. The candidate will take ownership of defining system requirements, developing LabVIEW software solutions, verifying the first article, and working with the manufacturing teams to deploy the processes and equipment to Knowles' international manufacturing facilities. The candidate will also work with other key Test Group members to define next generation architectures which will provide flexible capabilities to test complicated, high performance products.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop LabVIEW software that interfaces with test HW to acquire, process, and grade analog and digital signals.
* Lead software development process improvement activities.
* Integrate test system software with multiple hardware platforms.
* Develop complete implementation packages, including detailed test procedures for all designs to enable replication of production designs by other teams/groups.
* Follow departmental processes for test development including processes for design reviews, configuration management, requirements management and system qualification
* Program and maintain test specification database
* Perform statistical analysis to characterize and validate test systems
* Build and maintain cross-functional working relationships with other groups both locally and abroad.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Software Engineering plus with 5 - 7 years of experience developing automated test solutions.
* Experience programming with National Instruments LabVIEW (Certified LabVIEW Developer preferred) & TestStand.
* Knowledge of audio or signal processing techniques, analog/digital conversion, Fourier Transforms, etc.
* Strong understanding of software development process improvement methodologies.
* Knowledge of structured hardware and software programming principles and methods.
* Knowledge of digital design techniques (state machines, proper clocking methods, grounding for noise isolation, etc.)
* Knowledge of transducers and acoustics is desirable.
* Demonstration of proven test system development is required.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
Knowles designs, manufactures, and sells micro-acoustic, audio processing, and precision device solutions to the mobile consumer electronics, industrial, defense, aerospace medical, and telecommunications markets worldwide.