How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Test Engineer to support the design, development, testing, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Sr. Test Engineer analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. The Test Engineer supports the development of customer test and evaluation documentation. In addition, the Test Engineer works with other test organizations to support successful program integration.
* Defines, plans and performs test assignments involving test and verification requirements relative to complex software and hardware systems
* Establishes manual test methods and techniques, develops test plans and requirements, writes test procedures and reports, and conducts tests
* Participates in test readiness reviews and design reviews, and conducts audits of test programs and facilities
* Conducts tests which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer requirements and configuration management techniques
* Performs test planning and implementation using state-of-the-art technologies
* Develops and maintains, as requested, test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
* Analyzes test results
* Documents and keeps program management informed of any and all deviations from customer requirements
* Demonstrates experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following:
* -- Test script development
* -- Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
* -- End-to-end IV&V (Integration, Verification & Validation) processes and methodologies
* -- Tools for requirements management, software development, discrepancy reporting and configuration management
* U.S. Citizenship
* Secret clearance required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 6+ years of directly relevant experience
* Ability to plan and conduct security testing
* Meaningful and relevant experience in developing test procedures
* Ability to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
* Experience with Agile software development
* Experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
* Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
* Experience with automated testing using tools such as Selenium
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
* Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) or similar
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.