Requisition ID: 55500
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
SR TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL-STORAGE AREA NETWORK (SAN)
PSEG is looking for talented technology professionals to join our team. Our vision is to power the digital future of PSEG. We are partners with the business and we are driving business outcomes through innovative use of technology. There are multiple full-time entry-level opportunities located at our General Office in Newark, New Jersey.
We are seeking a Senior Technology Professional for Storage Technologies and Storage Area Networks (SAN). This position reports to Senior IT Infrastructure Production Manager and will work directly with the internal clients in support of their operations.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information/Computer Security, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
* At least 2 years of experience in Storage technologies and SAN - see below
* Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines
* Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
* Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
Required - Storage Technologies and SAN Required:
* Experience and knowledge of the following:
* EMC SAN and Backup Technologies.
* Supporting Cisco MDS family for fiber
* VNX/VNX2 family; NS480, VNX5500, VNX7600, Unity arrays, VNXe arrays, VMAX
* VPLEX virtualization
* Replication technologies such as RecoverPoint, Replication Manager
* Solaris, Windows and Linux server support for SAN client applications: i.e.: PowerPath
* Monitoring, call-hone technologies: ESRS, ViPr SRM
* Backup and DR technologies and methodologies,
* EMC Networker and Data Domain support.
Additional Critical Information:
PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship or relocation in connection with these positions.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, System Administrator, Computer Science, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Legal
Public Service Enterprise Group is a diversified energy company.