SR NETWORK OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Engineering Customer Support)
T-Mobile is looking for a Sr Network Operations Technician to provide advanced technical support to and leadership to T-Mobile's CARE Organization as well as our Engineering Customer Support (ECS) team in order to analyze and resolve complex technical issues reported by T-Mobile subscribers. This position requires strong leadership skills, technical understanding of the data and voice services supported by T-Mobile, and hands on troubleshooting experience.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
* 5+ years experience in a technical role
* Good Leadership and time management skills
* Advanced understanding of the voice, messaging, and/or data services T-Mobile provides to its subscribers, including knowledge of network elements (ex - RNC, MME, MSS, TAS, SGSN, etc), network interfaces, and protocols used to provide these services.
* Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, terminal emulators, and a basic understanding of database structure.
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
* Experience working with VoLTE
* Unix/Linux skills
* Technical certifications
* Database or scripting experience
* High School Diploma
* In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree or Associates degree + 2 year of experience may be considered.
Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium. This position may include shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation and availability to work weekends.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Work with Engineering and Care to keep troubleshooting documentation up to date, this can include updating technical documentation and analyzing ticket metrics to identify areas of improvement
2) Provide knowledgeable support across all types of customer complaints and be able to answer questions, handle escalations, and drive outages to ultimate resolution.
3) Troubleshoot issues end to end with a strong understanding of all network tools monitoring RAN, EPC, IMS, Voice Core, and Peering.
4) Update Care and ECS call flows as needed.
5) Assist with training and mentoring junior technicians on resolution of complex customer trouble tickets
6). Weekend and Evening shifts may be required to meet coverage requirements.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.