Do you want to be part of the next multibillion-dollar business at Amazon? Does the challenge of simplifying the experience of complex cross-border selling excite you? Do you want to lead the implementation of global technology solutions spanning multiple systems and teams? If yes, then come join us in our journey of innovation as we kick-start the selection flywheel for our international customers.
International customers have access to a mere fraction of the fascinating selection from US Marketplace sellers. International Seller Services (ISS) is enabling global customers get access to millions of new products from Marketplace sellers at cheaper and faster shipping rates. It is a high-visibility initiative that is helping Amazon march towards its vision to simplify the complexities of exporting products, so that Customers around the globe have access to the best selection, at the best price, no matter where it's located. ISS is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead our mission to further empower Amazon marketplace sellers, especially in simplifying their cross border selling experience and maximize customer shopping experience.
In this role you will work closely with business partners, software engineers, and product teams to deliver complex, high quality, scalable products around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also design solutions, manage risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit. You will have the opportunity to learn and design improvements across the entire customer journey including Selection, Search, Ordering, Payments, Fulfillment, and other backend support systems.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. They have a proven track record for on-time delivery of broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment. They should be a strong leader who demonstrates ownership, prioritizes well, and communicates clearly at all levels.
* Lead planning, execution, and delivery of projects across multiple teams, i.e. break down complex business requirements into manageable projects, write functional specifications, create system design, solve complex technical problems, interface with multiple teams, and deliver solutions in a successful, agile, and timely manner
* Identify system dependencies and drive alignment with dependent teams
* Drive feature prioritization by quantifying engineering investments
* Map out execution timelines as per available resources
* Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move these projects forward quickly
* Communicate with senior management and other business/technical partners on program status and risks
* Balance Think Big and Bias for Action to plan for the future beyond current deliverables.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.