Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Adobe's Cloud Technology organization is looking for an experienced, passionate, and results-oriented Senior Technical Program Manager to join the team creating a multi-cloud container platform (Ethos) using Docker, Kubernetes and the latest set of infrastructure technologies. Ethos supports the Containerization, Clusterization, CI/CD, and Pipeline Orchestration of web services, and accelerates GTM (go-to-market), delivering: self-service provisioning, pipelines, tooling, compliance, and security controls "as-a-service." This role requires a capable individual with excellent program management abilities and an outstanding track record of delivering results. The ideal candidate will have exemplary communication skills, possess a strong attention to detail, and have a commanding ability to influence without authority.
In the role of Senior Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with the Program, Engineering and Operations Managers and teams to develop and manage the execution of best practices. You will be an active and vital individual contributor who helps guide the Ethos platform organization through all stages of the development lifecycle. We will rely on your strong foundation of knowledge, expertise, and previous experience as a Technical Program Manager so that you can take active role in working with the platform organization through various stages of the development lifecycle. This includes contributing to discussions around setting and managing organizational processes, developing and managing plans that cover stages of the development lifecycle: design, development, testing, deployment, delivery and ongoing maintenance. This will involve initiative, perseverance, and the ability to solve issues, maintain open communication with engineers regarding features and scheduling. Your breadth of knowledge and experience with platform infrastructure development, your ability to manage and solve problems that come up on a project in the context of the larger platform, will be indispensable in this individual contributor role.
* Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flow, and providing continuous transparency.
* Own successful delivery of large, high impact and highly cross-functional product initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects.
* Participate in strategic cross-functional planning, by closely partnering with Program, Product and Engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
* Participate in discussions and efforts to continuously improve product delivery and organization.
* Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
* Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams within builder platform for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
* Participate in and execute Adobe processes for collecting program status, reporting and planning while keeping the burden light on the Engineering and Operations team.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical program manager on backend infrastructure, software/web development organizations.
* Minimum 7 years working directly with web services and/or backend infrastructure
* Minimum 3 years working with IAAS/PAAS cloud infrastructure from planning, through execution, to delivery and beyond in any capacity (as QE, Eng, Dev Ops or Project Manager)
* Minimum 3 years' experience driving cross-organizational technical initiatives (bonus if also cross-geo)
* Solid understanding of a variety of SaaS/ development and release models and experienced in managing load testing and other release readiness tasks - able to drill down and ensure all items are covered by Engineering and Operations.
* Strong technical acumen. Ability to participate and contribute to technical discussions for large scale distributed services, proactively identify challenges and risks, work closely with engineers and product manager on addressing challenges and form mitigation plans.
* Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to digest and communicate complex technical issues clearly with a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
* Strong sense of ownership. Proactively remove program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
* Proven ability to be drive and deliver complex programs as an individual contributor working in a matrix organization.
* Hands on experience with building blocks of cloud infrastructure and devops - compute, network, storage, Docker containers, CI/CD, build, deploy, run, operate
* Advanced JIRA and/or Sharepoint skills - scripting, dashboards, forms etc.
* Prior work with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is a big plus
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.