Does the challenge and ownership of ensuring one of the largest online marketplaces is efficient and inexpensive to operate excite you? Do you enjoy working with cross-organizational leaders on their hardware spend and budget? Do you have a passion for making sure numbers add up and can be traced back to their root in a complex and ever-changing forecast? Does you enjoy automating routine tasks so that you can focus on what's next?
Consumer Experience Technology (CXT) is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager to own, track, monitor, investigate, and escalate the cost of operating significant parts of Amazon.com. In this role, you will be exposed to Amazon's most senior leadership, provide weekly status updates to CXT's senior leadership, and work with senior leaders across the organization to ensure that systems are operating as efficiently as possible. Responsibilities include investigations into forecast changes, monitoring actual hardware spend and engaging teams across Amazon to manage CXT's end-to-end multi-million dollar hardware budget.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has a strong program management background, is comfortable working with large, complex systems, and has the ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams across Amazon. You must be able to thrive in a start-up environment and be willing to not only operate strategically, but be willing to roll up your sleeves and help get the job done.
In this role
You must be able to:
* Interact with Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams
* Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
* Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
* Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.