Do you want to work on Alexa, the brains behind user-delighting spoken language products that Amazon is building like the Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV? The Entity Resolution (ER) team works on one of the core server-side components for Alexa's Natural Language Understanding (NLU) module, which provides additional context and information about the user's question to Alexa. We are still a long way away from perfecting it, and are looking for curious and passionate leaders that are interested in building something that will make a difference in millions of users' daily lives. Successful leaders on our team have come from a variety of previous backgrounds but share the common qualities of being obsessed with quality, interested in scalable system design, and unafraid to dive deep into complex engineering problems which haven't yet been solved.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for
* Scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end in an organization of some awesome engineers and scientist to define, design, development, test, deployment, and operation of core Entity Search system for Tier-1 Alexa Service in Alexa AI Natural Understanding organization.
* Collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
* Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
* Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
* Build a world-class program processes that drive both core technology improvements and innovation in different dimensions of the voice experience.
* Able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
* Perceptive insights on business and customer requirements to drive vision and planning for the organization as a whole;
* Diving deep into our architecture and systems and learn about the machine learning technologies and feedback loops that power the Alexa experience and create initiatives for technology innovation and continuous improvement;
* You will work closely with usage data, business development, legal and policy organizations to improve our data privacy and policy enforcement controls for customers;
* Engage on a regular and frequent basis with Senior Executive teams on product status, risks and strategy.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.