Within Shutterfly engineering, the Program Management Office (PMO) is the team that provides program management services to key engineering initiatives, including scrum masters as necessary. It is the authoritative source for best practices, standards, guidance and metrics on the practice and execution of Agile project and program management. We are seeking a key contributor to own and lead programs and portfolios of projects and assist in the development of the PMO as a department. The ideal candidate should have an extensive background using the Agile methodology within project and program management supporting technology, architect and services teams.
* Ensure adoption of standards and procedures governing the practice of project management and execution of the project portfolio
* Champion and integrate project management best practices.
* Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
* Define key metrics for measuring resource capacity, project valuation, cost, risk, status and performance across Shutterfly engineering
* Tactically own and execute on one or more programs or portfolio of projects
* Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
* Ensure that cross-functional team leads have a clear understanding of RASCI for delivering project, goals, deliverables, and issues
* Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis. Foster accountability of cross-functional team leads to resolve project issues and ensure project success
* Drive on-time delivery of projects and programs
* Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
* Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
Key Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years of project management experience on progressively more complex projects
* Technical Software Engineering experience highly preferred
* Ability to understand and lead highly technical teams on projects that involve complex initiatives like Cloud Migration, Information Security.
* Experience project managing large, enterprise-wide product development projects involving cross-functional teams in both business, operations and technical domains
* Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously, building appropriate processes and tools
* High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
* Naturally organized, analytical and detailed oriented. Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely required
* Strong relationship building/partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management. Comfortable presenting to executives
* Ability to influence peers and managers while dealing with ambiguity
* Demonstrated knowledge and usage of standard project management concepts, practices and procedures
* Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
* Experienced in combining the best of Agile and Waterfall practices (Hybrid approach to Project Management)
BA/BS required, preferably in computer science or engineering. Formal project management training is a plus but hands-on experience is highly preferred.