Amazon is one of the largest employers on the planet with hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. Our People Technology group is looking for a bright and motivated Sr. Technical Program Manager who has proven experience in managing multiple programs in a global environment across multiple technology platforms. The candidate will be responsible for managing programs/projects across the Human Resource technology stack, but with the focus on Time and Attendance systems.
Amazon's HR mission is to build a workplace for Amazonians to invent on behalf of our customers. We are enablers to help Amazon scale quickly and efficiently as we continue to expand rapidly across countries, business lines and size in general. The volume of internal human resource transactions and range of experiences to fulfill in this scale and diversity are massive and unique respectively. This requires a highly reliable, scalable and customized series of software applications that ensure our global employee base receives accurate, timely and best experiences throughout their employee lifecycle. Amazon has grown significantly since the deployment of these tools and we are now at an inflection point where we are making long term decisions to support our explosive global growth.
As part of Amazon People Technology's leadership team, this role will lead cross-functional projects in our Perfect Pay and Hands Off The Wheel Automation technical roadmap and other 2019 goals for our Time and Attendance organization. He or she will work with a highly talented team of Software Development Engineers, Application Engineers and Functional Analysts who will develop and support Amazon class software applications to deliver the same. The team will also deliver large scale technology solutions and projects in the Time and Attendance (from punch to paycheck) domain. These projects could range from implementing timekeeping solutions in new countries and business lines based on Amazon's global expansion to deep integration with other internal Amazon systems to provide a seamless employee experience.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefits and communicating results throughout the organization.
* Assemble a project team, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources as needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of the project.
* Independently lead projects and deliver expert level solutions based on thorough analysis of business requirements, and work collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements.
* Understand the processes to define, design, and deliver business technical solutions based on a variety of Time and Attendance systems and applications.
* Assess the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, remove bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop product requirements.
* Collaborate with technical and design teams to define and design the product with the best customer experience.
* Drive the implementation and delivery of products.
* Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams.
* Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.