Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of Billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries excite you?
Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as well as drilling into architecture with development teams and then drive the project development process?
Amazon.com is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Financial Ledger and Accounting Systems (FLASH) team within the eCommerce Platform organization (eCP)!
In this role, you will be the driving force that collaborates with financial business partners and technical teams around the globe to deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all while maintaining a strong customer focus.
You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting our retail business and financial accounting customer's needs. You will work with multiple technical teams to deliver those solutions. You will be the driving force that orchestrates all the moving pieces as needed to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
You will also be the face and voice for the project teams you work with. You will ensure that all stakeholders are aware of outstanding issues and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences as well as communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Finally, as a member of the TPM team you will take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve our software development lifecycle (SDLC) as well as increasing the quality of our product and overall efficiency of our processes.
You must be able to:
* Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver features.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
* Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
* Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
* Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
* Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team interdependencies
* Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
* Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches.
* Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive.
* Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazons success firmly in your focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.