As a Sr. Tech Program Manager you will build and own 2, 3, and 5 year roadmaps and planning programs for a yet-to-be-launched new Amazon initiative. You will work with strategic leadership (including the heads of Business, Operations, Product, and Engineering) to deliver the strategy for a concrete and realistic business and software plans for this project post-launch. Your ability to remove ambiguity, deep dive into market parameters, understand software development costs, dependencies, and technical details to building high scalable customer facing services is essential. You will be part of an Engineering team and work closely with the Product team while interacting with business stakeholders directly. In addition, successful candidates will be able to balance think big with realism, deliver bold yet achievable business and software plans, while summarizing and detailing plans that are understood by executive audiences.
The ideal candidate will have excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. The ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. You should be comfortable working across many systems with complex dependencies, creating and maintaining technical project plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities involved. You will need to represent the Engineering team well to other stakeholders, and build out quarterly processes to continue to adjust and redefine the roadmap as new findings and needs occur.
You must be able to:
* Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
* Drive large scale projects spanning teams across Amazon from inception to conclusion, define epic stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
* Clearly communicate vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
* Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
* Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team's goals.
* Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.