Mitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration application.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
Mitel is searching for a Technical Escalations Engineer to join our growing team in Austin, TX. The Technical Escalations Engineer (TEE) provides networking and server support over the phone and are the liaison between customers and Mitel teams. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Escalations Engineer who has a passion for being on the front line talking with customers, troubleshooting and resolving their hardware and software questions. If providing excellent customer service is important to you; if you pride yourself on your verbal and written communication skills, then we want to talk to you!
We provide an excellent training program to assist you in gaining the knowledge and experience that is needed to support our Legacy ShoreTel products.
* Focus on customer or partner escalations in hosted and premise based environments to provide immediate support for all applications in our suite of product offerings
* Communicate with systems, network, and engineering departments as well as external carriers and vendors to resolve and prevent issues
* Provide 2nd level support to resolve complex, technical customer problems
* Effectively communicate status to customers, partners and internal staff
* Document trouble resolution using our Salesforce.com ticket management system
* Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
* Provide ongoing, regular updates to partners/customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution
* Participate in the creation of proactive measures to anticipate and/or remove the need for traditional service and support
* Partnering to create and update technical documentation
* Meet various SLA requirements based on measurable metrics
* Must be a team player with excellent collaborative and strong problem-solving skills
* Excellent English written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of VoIP, related protocols, and standards including SIP, SCCP, RTP, STUN, TURN, and ICE
* In-depth knowledge, understanding, and practical application of technologies, protocols, and related standards including TCP/IP and the OSI model with layer 2/3 protocols: STP, HSRP, LACP, BGP, OSPF, Dot1q, VLANs, CDP, LLDP
* Assoc TEE (2-3 years); TEE (3-4 years); Sr TEE (5+ years) hands-on networking and systems experience
* Assoc TEE (2-3 years); TEE (3-4 years); Sr TEE (5+ years) experience and knowledge of telephony protocols and interfaces, T1, E1, PRI, QSIG, PSTN, ISDN and analog trunking preferred
* Complete understanding of the technologies and protocols that are required to deploy and manage a distributed architecture e.g., numerous devices connected across an IP network, subnetting and network segmenting, QoS and traffic prioritization mechanisms
* Experience/knowledge of the Contact Center environment, including call flow, CTI integration, Reporting and Work Force Management
* Complete understanding of current telephony applications and the vendors that supply the applications including Collaboration and Conferencing, ACD, IVR, and CTI, IM
* Experience with Linux/Windows servers and databases
* Desire and ability to develop technical skills and take on additional responsibilities to add value to departmental and Mitel mission and goals
* Industry certifications such as MSSQL, Red Hat, Cisco, HP, and Microsoft are a plus
* Fast learner able to come up to speed rapidly on new technologies
* Previous experience in the high-tech environment, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Experience working at companies such as Cisco, Nortel, Lucent, and Aspect or others providing services in the VOIP, PBX and data communications fields is a plus
* Excellent phone presence, high degree of professional acumen
* Strong communication skills, excellent listening skills
* Fun loving, positive attitude - excellent interpersonal skills
* Assoc Tee (Requires some mentoring from the more senior team members and regular coaching from the team leads/manager); TEE (provides some basic mentoring of Junior level resources); Sr TEE (provides heavy mentoring for junior level resources and T3 resources, conducts regular TOI/lunch and learn sessions to strengthen Support teams)
* CCNA Certification or higher preferred
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.