Reporting to the Sr. Manager, SDS Retail Operations, the person in this role will be responsible for assisting with the on-going technical support and certification of Staples Retail in-store technology. These responsibilities include keeping our store associates performing at their best by ensuring all software, hardware, and security tools are working at peak efficiency.
* Monitor and maintain health of management and security software installed on US Retail store systems. (e.g. Symantec End Point Protection, Carbon Black Protection, BigFix, etc.)
* Identify, maintain, and support relevant Microsoft OS & application security updates for monthly patching baselines
* Assist with remediation of audit results, security/risk assessments and vulnerability scans for the Retail store environment.
* With guidance, develop packaged applications using Flexera Admin Studio that are deployed to Retail Store systems via a multi-tiered systems management infrastructure (SCCM).
* Assist in the execution of certification for next generation Retail hardware platforms (servers, desktops, printers, Point of Sale registers and peripherals).
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field or 3-5 years applicable work experience
* Administration and configuration of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems
* Knowledge and experience working with security updates from various hardware and software vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, HP, Intel, etc.)
* Experience working with Microsoft's Windows Installer technology
* Thorough knowledge of PC hardware
* Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Windows Command Shell, PowerShell, etc.)
* Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
* Self-motivated, independent worker able to lead initiatives from beginning to end
* Good documentation skills
* Experience working with security technologies (EPP, EDR, file integrity monitoring, etc.)
* Experience in application packaging (e.g. Flexera Admin Studio)
* Knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory group policy objects
* Experience with automating standardized IT processes
* Retail support experience #NAD
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.