Sr. Tech Support Specialist
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Sr. Systems Administrator, the Senior Tech Support Specialist is on call and manages CDM's technical resources and help desk as well as dealing with CDM technical requests from maintaining instructional and research equipment laboratories, faculty and staff computing resources/workstations to troubleshooting issues for both the hardware and software, perform imaging duties, and oversee CDM's computing resources.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Respond to daily CDM help desk duties and technical support for CDM faculty, staff and students.
* Handle various requests related to technical support; dealing with corresponding technical problems and providing efficient solutions; filling in for various help desk requests and co-working with other members within the tech team.
* Responsible for organizing routine lab checks in conjunction with student workers; this includes lab machine checks, printer maintenance, and teaching station setups for non-COL classrooms.
* Perform hardware and software testing and troubleshooting for CDM's equipment; this includes performing compatibility testing, maintaining periodic updates, and troubleshooting defective equipment.
* Assist with training of technical support student workers and monitoring their daily work.
* Assist with product research, investigation, selection, arranging for delivery, RMA when needed.
* Maintain a consistent inventory.
* Provide how-to documentations and common troubleshooting procedures for regular end users.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or within a related field.
* 1-2 years' related experience and/or training.
* Assist in managing/supervising student workers for CDM computer labs and technical support.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
* Extensive experience with MS-Windows and Mac workstation computer systems and applications software.
* Decent knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Scripting Experience.
* Experience with imaging computers en-masse and experience with various imaging software.
* Ability to work and learn independently and convey results to colleagues in timely fashion.
* Ability to manage several troubleshooting processes at once.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize emergency equipment situations.
* Ability to calmly and efficiently deal with dissatisfied users.
* Knowledge of industry terminology, pricing strategies, and compatibility issues.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
* Ability to effectively present information to faculty and staff.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the "My Activities" tab of your profile.
* Position requires being on call and working outside of regular business hours, evenings weekends and holidays in support of multiple campus.
* Candidate must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.