How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Have you supported NGA programs such as Analytic Services Contract, Automated GEOINT Imagery Reports (AGIR), Cedalion, eXploit, GEOINT Enterprise TCPED Services (GETS), GEOINT Services, GEOINT Summary Updates (GSU), GIMS (GEOINT Information Management Services), Integrated Analytic Environment (IAE), or MIDB Access Web Services (MAWS)? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
At Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, IIS provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
Our facilities in Richardson, TX, Aurora, CO and Dulles, VA has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/jyPBTRDWVKg
Raytheon is seeking a talented System Engineer for our portfolio of programs. The System Engineer, at either the system, subsystem or component level, will contribute to a team of systems engineers in the accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment. A Systems Engineer with COTS design experience in Networking, Compute and Storage Capacity planning; design experience using Virtualization (ESXi, VMware, Linux, etc.) Platform Migration experience a plus and experience developing, deploying and maintaining a DevOps systems in a private cloud (similar to AWS Cloud Services) for multi-tenant cloud-based ISP/ASP architectures In-depth knowledge of Service-based frameworks for third party application development.
Typical Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
* System engineering analyses including trade studies, system architecture development, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification.
* Supporting definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development; while interfacing with personnel from other organizations, attending technical interchange meetings with team members and other program personnel,that represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development of projects.
* Providing status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks
* Document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues
* Support of ECP efforts as required while managing time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
Requires the aptitude to:
* Apply extensive technical expertise in Systems Engineering
* Knowledge of other related disciplines
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
* Work without appreciable direction
* Exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
* Interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
* 4+ years, knowledge of/or experience with Systems Engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
* 4+ years, System Engineering experience on a government software development contract preferably in the Intelligence Community
* Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of at least three of the following systems engineering functions:
* requirements development and management,
* system design,
* interface definition and control,
* integration and test
* Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
* Proven ability to collaborate with internal company contacts as well as inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
* Working knowledge of ICD 503
* Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
* Experience developing DoDAF / MoDAF architecture artifacts using System Architect/Rhapsody/MagicDraw or equivalent
* Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
* Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
* Knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM)
* Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree; MS preferred
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
A current (active) TS/SCI security clearance is required for this job.
Some of the position may be offered by Team Raytheon companies.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Denver
TX - Richardson
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.