What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objectives include: Influencing systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer/end user; providing affordable, best in class, life cycle sustainment services after system deployment.
WLED core competencies include Safety Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Reliability and Maintainability Engineering, Affordability Engineering, Risk and Opportunity Management, Logistics Engineering, Training, Technical Publications, Parts Availability/COTS Management, Parts and Materials Control Board (PMCB), Spares and Material Management, Repair & Upgrade, Depot/Field Engineering, Systems Integrity, Failure Reporting and corrective Action System (FRACAS), and Availability Engineering.
Candidate will be an integral part of the Whole Life Engineering team as a Principal Systems Engineer, interfacing with Raytheon Multi-Functional Radio Frequency System (MFRFS) program leaders and customer program staff. The candidate will be responsible for reviewing potential design changes and identifying any potential safety impacts, generating updates for reliability models, and providing support to reporting on WLED activities with Program Management.
* Minimum 8 years relevant experience.
* Experience with conducting safety analyses in a system development environment
* Experience with troubleshooting, root cause analysis, corrective action processes
* Experience generating or updating customer delivered technical documentation
* Experience with executing reliability analyses (reliability predictions, part derating, part stress analysis, etc.)
* Candidate must hold a Secret clearance or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
* This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or G10, based upon the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* Experience working with logistics personnel
* Experience with Earned Value Management
* Experience in one or more life cycle disciplines across all program stages (design, development, production, sustainment)
* Experience with or understanding of software safety analyses
* Provide input and understand Fault Tree Analysis
* Experience with presenting safety program to US Army Safety Boards (i.e., SSSTRP and WSESRB)
* Ability to use Microsoft Access databases
* Ability to review and provide inputs to software safety verification plans and software verification descriptions and ability to review and understand software verification results
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of engineering, program management, and the customer
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or a Technical Discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.