The Advanced Concepts and Technology Mission Area in Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, seeks a Sr. Systems Engineer II to provide technical support and expertise for the FVL (Future Vertical Lift) team. The position will reside in the System Engineering Integration & Test Center (SEIT) within the Signal Processing Design section. This systems engineer will work amongst other Systems Engineers and will support the chief engineer, and lead systems engineer.
Job Related Activities:
* System engineering tasks including defining system architecture, deriving requirements, developing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
* Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration, and test
* Interface with team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
* Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team leader.
* Minimum 6 years of experience in engineering, Systems, Electrical or Software
* Experience working with both customer and internal resources
* Experience with and knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
* Experience with rotary wing military aircraft
* Experience in supporting tech volumes for proposals
* Experience writing proposals, bidding, or generating basis of estimate documentation
* Integration of electronic equipment on Military aircraft
* Experience with Doors
* Experience in writing ICDS and IDDs
* Worked a design development program using Agile Framework methodology
* Skilled at anticipating problems and planning to mitigate them
* Experience with open systems architecture (OSA)
* Experience writing white papers and responding to requests for information (RFIs)
B.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
M.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline 134927 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Flight & Aircraft
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.