Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Dulles? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Dulles VA offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Dulles site includes 4 modern facilities with 3 industrial buildings. On site we have a fitness center plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and video games. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Raytheon is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to perform incremental design, development and test of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) ground control systems. The role includes development of requirements, architecture, design, integration, or verification and validation of the ground control system within a larger Systems Engineering team. The candidate should be knowledgeable of the Systems Engineering life-cycle and work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines through all phases of development, test and delivery.
Responsibilities will include:
* Leads assessment of requirements specifications and development of requirements traceability and verification using tools like DOORS
* Represents projects or groups through design, integration, testing, and delivery support.
* Apply communication, analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
* Implement integration solutions combining software, hardware, COTS, infrastructure, and cybersecurity
* Lead small test teams exercising feature level capability and coordinate customer selloff, implementing automated testing when possible
* Supports the update process for operations manuals, work instructions, tools, and scripts
* Contributes to a team of systems engineers in accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment.
* Performs complex system engineering analyses including trade studies
* Attends technical interchange meetings with team members and multiple disciplines.
* Provides status on assigned tasks.
This position requires applicants to be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
* Minimum of 6 years prior system engineering experience;
* Solid understanding in engineering of System of Systems;
* Experience integrating and verifying complex systems involving software, infrastructure, networking and cybersecurity;
* Development of test plans and procedures;
* Experience with a requirements management tool;
* Must exhibit good time management skills and self-motivation; focus on customer service;
* Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills;
* Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall program;
* Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment;
* Proficiency with MS Office Applications;
* Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
* Experience setting up and manipulating DOORS for requirements management
* Experience with tactical sensors (Radar, Active and Passive RF, EO/IR) Performance or C2
* UAV or Aviation domain knowledge
* Experience supporting DoD contracts
* Experience with leading small teams on tasks within a larger program
* Proposal experience
* Effective written and verbal communication, customer focus, collaboration, and multitasking skills
* Willingness to travel periodically
* Active Secret Clearance
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related STEM technical discipline. Master's Degree preferred. Master's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or STEM related discipline. 143543 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.