Are you ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place? Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our Raytheon Air Traffic Systems engineering team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed. We provide bonus opportunities, award winning wellness program, access to walking trails, outdoor patio, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and a flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking a systems engineer to join our team in developing the next generation of air traffic control and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions -backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise- is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
This position is for a Systems Engineer who will be part of an innovative team that performs system and subsystem requirements development, system level design, and system integration and test. Regular duties include participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews, producing requirements artifacts, characterizing system performance, integrating software and hardware, writing and conducting system level test procedures, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and communicating with customers. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems is a plus. This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
* 6+ years of systems engineering or software testing experience - to include requirements analysis and development, large system design, system level integration, system testing (hands on), system integration, trouble shooting and testing
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or Master's degree in STEM with 4 years of relevant experience.
* Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and system level design
* Experience developing system and subsystem level requirements and designs for hardware and software implementations, performing system and/or subsystem level integration and test
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written
* Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as Oracle Solaris or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Able to travel, occasional domestic travel in support of the program
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Experience solving complex problems in Weather or Air Traffic Control/Management Systems
* Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Weather or Air Traffic Management Systems
* Working knowledge of COTS servers, workstations, and networks
* Experience with shells and scripting languages, such as Bash
* Experience modifying and administering networked UNIX or Linux operating systems, such as JumpStart or Kickstart
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket
* Experience with DOORS or similar requirements management tool
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
141478BR 141478 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.