Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
* Full-time * Entry to Senior level * Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Adaptable * Challenge status quo * Communication skills * Eager to learn * Emotional Intelligence * Influential * Innovative * Leadership traits * Problem solver * Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?
- Shirali Patel Trending
* Raytheon: Bright Future in Aurora
* Raytheon Secures Every Side of Cyber
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
* Career Development
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee's capabilities.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Raytheon is looking for engineers with experience in Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RMA) Engineering, System Safety Engineering, and/or Human Factors Engineering to join our Specialty Engineering team.
Are you ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place, Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed. Click here to view a brief video and learn more about our Aurora Campus: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Specialty Engineering is part of Systems Engineering that complements the technical activities required to deliver a project. It deals with engineering that influence the systems' design and architecture in terms of performance, safety, usability, reliability, maintainability, availability, supportability, testability, and cost consideration throughout the lifecycle of the product. Specialty Engineering applies methods, standards, and techniques to provide clarification of system requirements to software, hardware, and test personnel to ensure design and architecture considerations are appropriately allocated to the system and horizontally integrated across the development teams. The Specialty Engineering function supports systems engineering activities including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification. As such, all Specialty Engineers interface with the other Specialty disciplines and logistics engineering functions to ensure integration and continuity in the design and development process.
The Specialty Team is looking for candidates with experience in any one of the Specialty areas:
* Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RMA) Engineering * Systems Safety Engineering * Human Factors Engineering
As a member of the Specialty Engineering Team, expect a dynamic and demanding environment that values discipline, adherence to processes, and adding value to our customers through our respective disciplines.
This position is to support the preliminary and detailed design phases for programs within the Raytheon IIS portfolio that include the following businesses; Cyber Security and Special Missions, Global Intelligence Solutions, Mission Support and Modernization, Navigation and Environmental Solutions, and Transportation and Support Services. This position serves as a member of the Raytheon IIS Specialty Engineering Team and supports various programs within a matrix management assignment as directed. Deliverables include, but not limited to, program plans, technical reports, schedules, basis of estimates for new pursuits, and analyses as required to substantiate architectural/design decisions and trade studies.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to 40k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI with Poly that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
* STEM related degree and at least 4 years of related engineering experience. * Experience working in a development or operation of Unmanned Command and Control systems and/or Satellite Ground Systems * Strong understanding of the engineering development life cycle (Hardware, Software and Systems Engineering) * Experience in requirements development/derivation/management * Experience providing guidance by conducting analysis, demonstration, test, inspection, review engineering drawings, certification, or simulation that compares the design data gathered in the contract requirements * Experience providing technical leadership to the engineering team throughout the entire product life cycle. * Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the external customer and Management. * Experience with preparing proposals and Gates to ensure technical and execution feasibility. * Demonstrated high-quality, timely analysis, including impact, root-cause and corrective action. * Incorporate active and insightful risk and opportunity management experience. * Demonstrated effective use of measurement and analysis techniques, including statistical functional trends and predictive models, to drive corrective action as required to ensure IPT goals will be achieved. * Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas. * Demonstrate timely and effective communication of scope of work to enable functions to staff the IPT.
Experience in any of the relevant Specialty areas:
* Experience performing FMECA in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 or equivalent industry standards or practices. * Experience coordinating Human Systems Working Group (HSIWG), developing HSIWG charters, and presenting technical briefings to the external customer and Management. * Experience with developing HSI/HFE Program Plans (HEPP), Human Engineering Analysis and assessment Report(s) (HESAR), Human Engineering Design Approach Document(s) (HEDAD-O/M), Human Engineering Test Plan(s), etc., policies, planning, trade studies, and checklists, conducting design reviews and change requests per MIL-STD-46855a. * Experience and practical application of RMA engineering, design, and management practices in accordance with MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-STD-189, MIL-STD-781, MIL-STD-785, or equivalent industry standards or practices as well as FMECA IAW MIL-STD-2155 or equivalent. * Extensive experience with User Interface design and usability engineering concepts * U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
* Understanding of software development lifecycle models and program lifecycle modes. * Experience in using tools and metrics to manage development activity. * Experience in collecting, organizing, and preparing technical data/documents for ease of access and review. * Software System Architecture Process and Methodology experience with ability to identify and apply modern architectural patterns across the segment * Experience in Requirements development/derivation/management * Experience with CONOPS and Use Case development and analysis * Experience with Ground Systems Operations (Planning, Scheduling, Orbit Operations, Command and Control, Ground Status) for Unmanned, Manned, and Satellite systems * Experience conducting trade studies
B.S./M.S in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.