What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds Radars and other Sensors for Aircrafts, Spacecraft's, Ships and more. The business also provides Communications and Electronic Warfare Solutions and performs research in areas ranging from Linguistics to Quantum Computing. As a Global Business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a Multicultural World -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to support multiple radar programs within the Airborne Early Warning & Reconnaissance Systems department. Product areas include Radar, Ground vs Airborne, Targeting vs Warning and other realms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Innovate and improve the design and/or build to maximize customer satisfaction
* Analyze and evaluate trades
* Support system design and development activities
* Write and manage system and software requirements with traceability to customer specifications
* Develop test plans which trace to requirements
* Create deliverable documentation conforming to company engineering standards and contract requirements
* Work with other specialty engineering teams, including whole life engineering and security systems engineering
* Ensure that cost and schedule commitments are being met
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
* 2 Years' Experience
* Depth in one or more Engineering disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering
* Expertise in one or more areas: Radars, Antennae, Testing, Agile Development, etc.
* Experience writing system and software requirements
* Experience writing test plans and procedures
* Proven experience generating organized work products that resulted in improved execution efficiency
* U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this Position will Require the Ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
* Clearance Required DAY ONE AND Role Requires Access to US Only Data
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
* Ability to represent the company to customers in a highly professional manner through email, teleconferences, and in-person presentations
* Experience working in integration and test environments
* B.S. Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.