Clearance Requirement: The successful candidate must hold an Active TS/SCI security clearance for which the US Government Requires US Citizenship.
BlackSky, a division of Spaceflight Industries, is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
BlackSky seeks a motivated, driven and mission-oriented individual to provide systems engineering support for BlackSky government programs and commercial products. You will work with a team providing a comprehensive range of system engineering activities supporting the dynamic needs of the various programs and projects in support of our customer's mission. You will work directly with the designated stakeholders to ensure mission success.
* Act as a technical liaison between the customer, end users, and the BlackSky development team
* Coordinate the evaluation and integration of new and/or modified data types.
* Enable mission-driven solutions using an agile implementation approach to integrate Multi-INT platform services and capabilities.
* Advise program leaders and managers regarding potential technology insertion to improve performance, effectiveness, and efficiency of program and identify potential long-term issues.
* Evaluate recommendations relating to architectural direction.
* Capture users' needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with stakeholders, drafting CONOPS and documenting requirements.
* Participate in major program milestones and use expertise to identify issues and ensure sufficient requirements understanding and programmatic considerations are included.
* Participate in and facilitate large group TEMs with disparate members to reach requirement consensus to capture strategic capabilities for customers, both internal and external.
* Knowledge of NGA/NRO systems and workflows.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field.
* Subject matter expertise in a wide variety of government and commercial data sources, formats and exploitation techniques.
* Strong knowledge of the architecture and design of multi-INT systems.
* Demonstrated experience with DOD or IC customers and processes.
* Demonstrated understanding of interfaces, system specs and capability requirements.
* Demonstrated understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission.
* Demonstrated systems engineering experience defining and documenting system Concepts of Operations and documenting functional and performance requirements.
* Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
* Active TS/SCI clearance
* Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience
* Familiarity with Cloud-based computing architectures and file-based data formats/standards
* Experience integrating tradition/non-traditional/emerging Multi-INT sources into mission capabilities
* Demonstrated success providing long-term, system engineering and program support to one of the Intelligence Community Agencies (DIA, CIA, NGA, NRO).
* Knowledge of NGA Portfolio Strategic Initiatives (ABI, SOM, OBP, GB, Globe, GS/MGS, XMod, OIT)
* Familiarity with the NSG architecture for Foundation GEOINT data types.
Spaceflight Industries is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements:https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
About Spaceflight Inc.
Spaceflight Industries is a space company that combines satellite design, rideshare launch offerings, and geospatial intelligence services.