What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Debug Lead:
The Client Platform System Debug Lead responsible for working directly with customers and internal development teams for debugging SW and HW Issues.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
* CPU or GPU Silicon Debug, Design for Debug Architecture, and Diagnostic Development
* Board level hardware and software bring up of X86 based SOCs (CPU, Memory Controllers, Chip Interconnect/Fabric).
* Debug and root cause determination of improper or inconsistent operation.
* Software tool development to support the debug and test simplification and automation
* Leverage debug features to accelerate testing and improve test effectiveness.
* Provide debug and testing input for feature improvements to next generation designs.
* Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet program deliverables and quality criteria according to program milestones.
* Manage and track technical issues, risks and priorities. Manage customer and executive communications, including program status, risks and opportunities.
* Support product engineering in resolving customer issues which require system-level expertise Provide debug, applications support, and design assistance to customers, and field applications.
* BS plus 13 years of experience or MS plus 10 years of experience desired.
* The ideal candidate is a hardware designer or systems debug engineer who has worked at computer hardware company as a design or debug engineer and worked on at least 2 projects from development, through bring-up and validation and supported through the release to production.
* Strong knowledge of X86 and chipset architectures and DDR memory interface desired.
* Expert use of tools such as Jtag debuggers, logic analyzers, SATA, USB, and PCIe bus analyzers is required.
* Familiarity with tools such as schematics capture, PLD, PCB layout, signal integrity and simulation is an added bonus.
* Excellent communication skills are required in the role of supporting customers.
Requisition Number: 74033
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.