Game Show Network is looking for a dynamic and energetic Senior Systems Engineer to help drive Game Show Network's technology infrastructure and systems to new levels of innovation and reliability while reducing complexity. Customer service, leadership and attention to detail are hallmarks of this position and will lend itself well for the growth of this position.
You will be responsible for … (but not limited to)
Technology duties: system/network operations, hardware setup and configuration, antivirus, anti-spyware and SPAM systems maintenance, disaster recovery, preventative
maintenance, end-user application and desktop support, installation and troubleshooting for computer systems and networks.
* Telephony - administer and maintain the telephone/voicemail systems to ensure clear communications with minimal downtime. * Networking - maintain routing and switching systems (ethernet and fiber) to ensure uninterrupted network communications. Hardware includes Cisco, Brocade and Meraki. * Internal applications - implement, upgrade and maintain software systems required for daily business operations. Applications to include Aspera, Wide Orbit, Great Plains, Medea * Help Desk - assist users with support-related requests including desktop and server applications, desktop and portable computing tools including laptops, tablets, phones and others. * Infrastructure - implement and maintain virtual servers, physical servers, Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage devices. These include NetApp, Nautilus and Qumulo storage systems, Dell and other servers and server room maintenance including racking and cabling. * End-User systems - assist in building specifications, standards and baselines for all systems, deploy and maintain computing devices and computer peripherals including scanners, printers, copiers and others. Computing devices such as Windows, Mac, Android and IOS systems. * Active Directory - define and implement Active Directory standards including Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and VPN. * Office 365 - implement and maintain standards and practices in our Office 365/Azure tenant to allow for efficient, stable and available cloud-based communications. * Professional Duties: interact with all levels of management and employees in a professional manner, treating all personal and company information, either seen or heard, as confidential, both inside and out of the company. * Administrative duties: document all support requests and resolutions, follow-up on outstanding issues, prepare regular reports, track inventory, maintain user configuration, and manage communications systems. * Teamwork: working with other members of our staff on projects and issues to ensure accurate and timely deliver and availability of information to the GSN community, mitigate loss of productivity due to system downtime. * Other tasks and responsibilities may be added as necessary from time to time to ensure a safe, clean and proper operation of all IT systems.
* The ideal candidate will have eight to ten years of information technology experience In a corporate environment supporting a medium to large user base * Proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory 2008 and 2012 * Proficiency in Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Microsoft Power Shell * Proficiency in VMWare Virtualization Platform * Proficiency in Citrix XenApp VDI * Proficiency in NetApp or other Storage Area
* Proficiency with Apple Macintosh desktops,
laptops and iMacs including operating systems, hardware configurations and
maintenance with an emphasis on broadcast systems.
* Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final
Cut Pro or AVID is highly preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows and Macintosh.
VMware Certified Professional certification preferred
Public company experience preferred
Cable/Broadcast Industry preferred
You must have…
* The willingness to embody our culture of being collaborative, a self-starter, competitive, passionate, bold, distinctive, innovative, creative and able to have fun! * Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment * The ability to work well with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
BA/BS Degree in Computer Information Systems (preferred)
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides an industry leading benefit package, flexible work hours and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office. Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
About Global Shopping Network
GSN Games is a company providing cross-platform entertainment.