The Sr. Systems Business Analyst works with technical and business groups to provide an enterprise-level focus to data protection. The Analyst has specific responsibilities and ownership related to the evolution and maintenance of the Data Classification and Inventory Program. The Data Classification and Inventory Program is vital to the overall effectiveness of the firm's data protection strategy and control environment. The Analyst will evaluate classification technologies and capabilities as well as processes and use cases to ensure that appropriate data classifications are applied, maintained and validated. Further, the Analyst will work with key stakeholders to implement data protection controls and develop and provide meaningful metrics/reporting on the data inventory and control effectiveness. The Sr. Systems Business Analyst, applies effective project management skills and works closely with PMO teams in the areas of project planning, execution and reporting.
Principle Responsibilities include:
Planning, Organization and Maintenance
* Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis and risk analysis
* Develop, measure and report on Data Classification and Data Inventory metrics
* Identify opportunities to expand Data Classification Program capabilities and put plans in place to achieve objectives
* Plan and participate in Data Classification Program awareness activities including: preparation of meeting agenda materials, presentations and written communications
* Develop, maintain and promote adherence to best practices that support continued Program maturity
* Develop and review business case documentation, budget forecasting, project plans and project workflows as requested by Project Manager.
* Collect project status updates (both within and outside of Data Protection) for integration into overall Program tracking and reporting
* Assist in the development and maintenance of a multi-year roadmap of initiatives to uphold the Program strategy
* Define and document functional and technical integration requirements for Data Classification capabilities/tools
* Implement a Program governance framework to provide project statuses, metrics and discuss risk and operationally driven use cases for data classification/protection controls
* Interview SMEs within Risk, Compliance, business and systems groups and conduct independent research to maintain an accurate current state analysis of the Data Inventory
* Develop and execute communication strategies including training/awareness to the enterprise-wide user community related to Classification capabilities, best practices and processes
* Develop, document and implement "BAU" activities related to data classification validation; the review/maintenance of data classification and standards; classification updates to the tools.
* Plan and manage technology rollouts across the enterprise that support Data Classification and applicable controls including the development and coordination of training/awareness for the user community
* Support Data Protection technology implementations and the Engineering Team by documenting business systems requirements and participating in testing and tuning activities
* Assist in prioritization activities by analyzing and documenting risk drivers and current state to support recommendations to senior business and systems leaders
Coaching & Development
* Provide oversight functions for professional services/consulting resources as required
Candidate Requirements include:
* BA/BS degree and/or related work experience.
* 8+ years of Business Analyst experience including writing business systems requirements, preferably at a financial services company.
* 3+ years of project administration work and project planning/management
* Data Classification subject matter expertise and experience with Data Classification Program Strategy and project execution
* Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technologies experience a plus
* Proficiency with project methodologies and project administration practices
* Familiarity with budget planning and financial reporting/administration
* Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Knowledge of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
* Familiarity with Systems Infrastructure
* Strong written and oral communications skills
* Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
* Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.