The Sr. Systems Business Analyst in Global Sales & Marketing Systems acts as a liaison between technical and business user groups, with a focus on Relationship Excellence, Sales, and MS Dynamics/Inquiry Manager areas. The individual is responsible for defining and documenting business systems requirements and ensuring technology solutions enhance and support the business operations. The individual also assists in identifying technology alternatives and recommends system solutions to business and technical audiences. The Sr. Systems Business Analyst participates in all phases of the systems development life cycle - from project scoping, planning and requirements definition to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
* Work closely with business user groups to ensure proper systems alignment with business objective and priorities.
* Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, dataflow diagramming, screen design, etc.
* Review and assist in development of project plans and project workflows, sometimes in conjunction with an assigned Project Manager on larger projects.
* Facilitate the definition of functional requirements by working with programmer analysts and users in prototyping and design sessions.
* Translate and present project concepts into effective visual images which clarify design elements and issues for both business and technical audiences.
* Ensure methodology is followed for project; provide meaningful feedback in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines.
* Maintain issue log; coordinate and support communications surrounding both systems and user acceptance for assigned project(s).
* Identify, mediate, resolve and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
* Conduct user training and/or document application guide materials, as needed.
* Along with development colleagues, coordinate production implementation activities with supporting systems groups in advance of implementation and assist in implementation playlist where applicable.
* Manage technology budgets for supported areas and applications
* Vendor management for supported software supporting business areas and applications
* Participate in development of test strategy, test plans and test cases
* Translate system workflows into system configuration
* Participate in test execution and document results or work closely with Quality Assurance on test execution
* Provides coaching and training to more junior Systems Business Analyst, when needed.
* BA/BS degree and/or related work experience.
* 5+ years of experience, preferably at a financial services company.
* Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Solid understanding of the business model or the area(s) supported.
* Knowledge of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle required
* Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
* Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively (Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Project).
* Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Exposure to project work and project planning, as well as project management software.
* Interviewing skills.
* Strong written and oral communications skills
* Highly preferred, strong knowledge of client service and relationship management workflows.
* Highly preferred, knowledge of Salesforce, MS Dynamics, and Qlik.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.