Michaels Stores, Inc.
Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Systems Analyst - CRM located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive detail-oriented, problem solver to join our growing team. This role will act as the link between our technological capacities and our business objectives. As such, it is ideal for a candidate that loves to interact with business partners and the technology teams to help create value in a dynamic environment. You will be a part of a small, highly collaborative and agile-based team leveraging new technology to drive value across the company as well as providing on-going enhancement and maintenance support for the marketing area within a portfolio of CRM and business platforms. These initiatives are key focus areas for Michaels to become a leader in this space and have high visibility of Executive Leadership.
How will you do it?
Solution Design (50%)
* Independently and proactively partners with the business to understand business requests and requirements and also the underlying drivers of value
* Translates various technical options and constraints effectively to business users
* Works with Solution Architects to investigate options to meet requirements and participates in architectural reviews
* Creates conceptual and functional designs for solutions
* Prepares and delivers user requirements and functional designs for project development team
* Documents and recommends functional solutions where applicable.
* Analyzes and documents current business processes. Recommends business process changes where applicable
* Participates in Production control review sessions.
Planning Analysis (25%)
* Works with the business to assess and understand business requests
* Assists business owners in identifying, clarifying, and documenting the objectives and benefits of any project or enhancement request
* Partners with business owners to determine ROI on project/enhancement requests
* Analyzes, translates, and documents business/user requirements
* Prepares and delivers user requirements for project development teams
Application Support (15%)
* Assists business team/Cross functional IT Partners Vendor in resolving day to day Support issues in a timely manner
* Gains understanding of the support processes, Service levels and partners with vendor support teams
General Responsibilities (10%)
* Maintains effective communication with management and project teams
* Liaison between the business community, the architecture and the project development teams
* Facilitates communications between the technology teams and the business
* Adheres to department SDLC process and project framework
* Supports and adheres to defined architectural standards
* What skills you will need to do your job?
* Bachelor's degree
* Computer Science, Business or related field of study
* Extensive experience in gathering requirements
* Strong knowledge of project management best practices
* Understanding of systems development life cycle including issue, risk and scope management
* Strong proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
* Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and CRM platforms a strong plus
* Knowledge of software or hardware design, selection and deployment techniques and methodologies
* 5+ years' experience in similar role
About Michaels Stores, Inc.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.