Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Senior Systems Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Business Systems Analyst to assist with design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer oriented systems and applications.
This person is a 'dot connector' understanding system integrations, business requirements, and testing procedures
They will seek opportunities to gain efficiencies by performing research, analysis and provide recommended technical solutions for systems enhancements and business needs.
S/He may assist business with planning, conducting analysis and creating requirements
S/He may assist technical project team in creating design documents and other EPLC required documents
* Understands IT systems, applications and business models
* Identifies options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
* Formulates system scope and objectives based off of requirements set forth by business
* Consults with business and third party vendors to develop detailed analysis of user requirements (business specification, workflow, reporting requirements) ensuring no negative downstream impacts with proposed solutions
* Evaluates software and system problems and recommends system improvements, new applications and develops plans to improve service and customer experience
* Combines research and recommendations with requirements for system updates or process changes
* Consult with system management and architecture to ensure agreement on system principles
* Initiates and develops innovative concepts to solve complex problems with little or no precedent; creates new opportunities to enable the use of new technology.
* Learn to be subject matter expert on selected specialty systems, sought out for broad and in-depth technical knowledge and expertise
* Responsible for identifying potential application integration points that can be leveraged within common services platform
* Perform component integration testing to identify any application or code issues and record results in HP Quality Center
* Test applications by creating use cases mapped to specific business requirements and using testing automation tools
* Provides consultation and triage to testers and end users in the area of automated systems and expected document outputs.
* Responsible for data analysis and mapping of source application data for API modeling.
* Responsible for developing traceability matrix, business user test cases, scripts, expected results oversee testing, and providing recommendations and reports for presentation to technology management and business.
* Represent technology team on project meetings, committees, and cross-functional teams
* Develop and update documentation, processes, and controls related system functionality and application changes using Visio, SharePoint, and Wiki sites
* Typically has 7-10 years of systems analysis experience and 3-5 years of relevant experience with emphasis in applications, systems and API technologies
* Education Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
* Previous experience working in a financial required
* Previous experience using Agile methodology in a technical setting
* Experience using testing automation tools is required
* Ability to create automated test scripts is preferred
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and other cloud technologies
* Knowledge of REST APIs
* Has expertise in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies
* Organizes, conducts and facilitates cross-functional team meetings
* Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast pace and ever changing technical environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills with a positive can-do attitude
* Critical thinking and problem solving are key skills for this role
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.