About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
A Senior Systems Analyst will design, analyze, implement and support computer systems and solutions based on the business requirements defined within our organization. Develops and maintains essential procedures and processes for supporting systems of medium to high complexity.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
* Perform system analysis which includes completing requirement definitions, interfacing with business groups and providing cost and benefit analysis.
* Review, plan, and implement computer systems. Troubleshoot systems and recommend improvements to the computing environment. Provide documentation and project tracking.
* Participate and at times lead new technology evaluations related to operating systems, hardware, management tools and methodologies. Identify alternative or new technologies and assist in defining new global and regional IT standards.
* Manage and assist Systems Analysts, Network Administrators and the helpdesk, desk-side support group with technical support issues.
* Develop and coordinate regional and global project efforts. Serve as project leader as assigned projects.
* Provide tactical and strategic input on computing infrastructure and computer system project plans.
* Define and revise SOPs and system validation plans as required to meet corporate business needs and support the company's validation requirements.
* Prepare project status reports to inform management to project progression. Identify any issues, which need to be escalated for resolution or assistance.
* Assist in developing capital and operating budget plans.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
* Project leadership and systems analysis, including cost and benefit analysis.
* Extensive experience in evaluating and implementing computer systems.
* Experience with installation and management of Intel based Enterprise Rack and Blade servers preferably HP ProLiant and/or Cisco UCS or Dell or Stratus ftServers.
* Strong Experience with Server and Client Windows imaging tools, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Security, File and Print Services, DNS, and DHCP Services.
* Experience supporting the installation and support for business applications working with business application owners and application vendors.
* Experience with Microsoft IIS, SharePoint platforms.
* Experience in planning and implementing backup and recovery procedures using Enterprise backup systems and native database utilities.
* Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Analyze business and technical requirements for Storage infrastructure and perform continuous optimization of the storage systems to ensure adequate capacity, availability and scalability.
* Experience with Symantec NetBackup backup/recovery solutions.
* Posses SQL Development skills with ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and familiar with stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints.
* Enterprise Storage experience including Storage Performance Management, Capacity planning preferably with EMC/Pure Storage SAN, Data Domain/Quantum DDUP, Brocade FC, NAS, iSCSI, and RAID Technologies
* SAN based hosts (Windows, VMware, UNIX/Linux) configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
* Understanding of Internet Explorer and Windows OS troubleshooting tools including Resource utilities
* Must have good understanding of general business practices and have the ability to communicate in a technical and non-technical manner.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively with peers, management, business groups, contractors, consultants and vendors.
* Must have good communication skills and be able to interface with users. Must practice good time management and project leadership skills.
* Posses Good project management and time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands.
* Ability to define and explain work methods.
* Must maintain confidentiality of proprietary, financial and personal data.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
* 4 year Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or related field.
* Minimum 7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Expert experience supporting current industry versions of Microsoft Windows Server, VMware ESX 6.x in an Enterprise environment is required.
* Strong hands-on working experience with Intel based server platform hardware, Microsoft Windows based Operating Systems (Servers & Clients) and IP network services is required.
* Must have experience working with Microsoft Office 365 suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project.
* VMware Horizon (VDI), Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop a plus.
* Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other SQL databases experience a plus.
* Cisco NX-OS/IOS, Citrix, Symantec NetBackup, EMC/Pure Storage, and PMP/ITIL certifications a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.