Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator with expertise in Linux/Unix, OpenShift, Red Hat IDM, and Red Hat Satellite to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Sr. Systems Administrator applies expert knowledge in Linux/Unix environments for infrastructure support to an advanced cybersecurity environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide senior level administrative functions for a primarily RHEL environment. Mentors junior system administrators and recommends design changes to improve the system operability.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 6+ years of system administration in Red Hat version 6 or 7(RHEL6/RHEL7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain complex system architectures.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in centralized patch management using Red Hat Solutions
* Extensive knowledge in containerized environments
* Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
* Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
* Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
* Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
* Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
* IDM/Free IPA
* Satellite Server
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Strongly Desired Certifications:
* Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
138001BR 138001 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.