The Sr. Systems Administrator primarily performs monitoring, maintenance, installation, upgrades, and end-user support on Windows Domain servers and related hardware & software infrastructure across multiple sites. This will involve using best practices for deployment and management of systems as well as responding to and diagnosing problems through discussion with support teams and end users, including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, documentation and follow-up steps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Project lead on technical design, planning and implementation of corporate systems. * Perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to essential corporate systems. * Use best practices to install, upgrade, and document essential corporate systems. * Support corporate, branch office, call center and warehouse services. * Provide general technical and application support to associates as it relates to Windows server and desktop operating systems. * Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues related to Windows servers, services, and related infrastructure. * Diagnose service interruptions that may be caused by ISP outages, hardware or software failure, or configuration issues. Work with third-party vendors and internal resources to resolve issues as soon as possible. * Work with software, hardware and services vendors to schedule and execute installations and/or repair orders. * Utilize a helpdesk ticketing system to track projects, log support calls, and keep management up to date with all issues. * Follow and enforce company policies, procedures, and standards. * Mentor, coach and assign tasks to associate systems administrators.
* Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management. * Demonstrate high level of quality of work, attendance and appearance. * Adhere to local, state and federal employment laws. * Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary. * Provide on-call 24x7 support on a rotating basis for network or server outages. * Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor. * Travel up to 10% of the time.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent relevant experience. * 7-8 years of System Administration experience in a fast-paced corporate environment; retail highly preferred. * Strong understanding of Windows Domain Group Policy necessary to support and enforce company HR, Network, Security, and/or Regulatory Compliance policies. * Strong understanding of Exchange 2010, 2013, and Exchange Online roles, and management. * Strong understanding of Delegation and Security Group strategies in support of least privilege access control and auditing policies. * Strong understanding of PowerShell AD & Exchange management and automation. * Demonstrate associate level knowledge of Windows Server (2008+) including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Storage, Print and Document, Remote Desktop, Volume Activation, Web Server, and Windows Server Update roles and hardware. * Demonstrate basic-to-intermediate knowledge of vSphere. * Demonstrate basic-to-intermediate knowledge of networking protocols and hardware. * Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into simple process flows. * Ability to work independently while executing projects from vision through implementation.
* Azure cloud management experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift. * Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds. * Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports. * Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers. * Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. * Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
(Check the box that applies by double clicking on the box.)
Sedentary: Limited activity, no lifting, limited walking
Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking
Arduous: Heavy lifting, bending, crawling, climbing
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
* The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance. * Noise levels are considered low.
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.
About Boot Barn
Boot Barn is a lifestyle retail chain, which operates specialty retail stores.