We're looking for highly motivated and talented hands-on engineer Sr. Systems Operations Engineer team. As a member and leader of the team, the #1 job is to ensure excellent customer experiences. We obsess over building high availability, fault tolerant cloud-based systems and services. The Sr. System Operations Engineer be expected to work cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant solution that we deliver to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop effective tooling, dashboards, alerts, and response to identify and address reliability risks.
* Build tools and automation systems to reduce operational tasks; improve automatic issue identification and routing, and predict platform performance in accordance to SLAs based on overall platform health and progress.
* Participate in on-call rotation to manage incident and to handle unknown/new issues.
* Drive issue resolution and root cause identification with the various data infrastructure teams and partners.
* Perform deep dives into both systemic and network issues; partner with Software Engineering and Infrastructure engineers across the organization to deliver solutions.
* Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, tooling and visibility of both our internal and external customers.
* Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers to deliver the best in class system monitoring and problem resolution.
* Effective at root cause identification, triage and mitigation
* SW dev experience in automation, tools, or dashboards.
* Understands large-scale complex systems from a reliability perspective
* Demonstrable knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
* Solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs.
* Solid knowledge of Python and shell scripting.
* Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills.
* Strong desire for continuous infrastructure and security improvement in a fast-paced dynamic organization
* Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS).
* Demonstrable knowledge of one or more container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes, etc)
* Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
* BS/MS in Engineering (or equivalent)
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.