Title: Sr. Support Data Solution Architect
Location: US Based (Home Worker or based in a US Juniper Office)
About the CS Digital Experience and Automation Team
The mission of the Juniper Digital Experience and Automation (DEA) team (part of the Juniper Customer Success and Support Organization) is to delight external and internal customers by delivering efficient, innovative solutions that are proactive, easy to use and self-service focused. All functions within Customer Success and Support are in DEA scope and includes Customer Support (Technical Support, Customer Care), Professional Services, and Advanced Services functions.
DEA is at the heart of the CSS digital strategy. We buy, build and integrate the innovative technologies that enables the CSS business with a focus on business agility and efficiency. Through partnerships with business subject matter experts we identify need, ideate, determine idea value (ROI) and ultimately realize new capabilities. Automation, Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics are critical components of that innovation work.
About the Position
Juniper's Customer Support (CS) Team is delivering innovative solutions allowing our customers to better manage and monitor our platforms, while enabling Juniper's support organization to provide rapid resolutions. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate the technical and organizational ability to work in a fast-paced environment that demands products with high value, ease of use, and reliability.
* Contribute to the next generation of automated monitoring and troubleshooting solutions for scaled networking environments that are mission critical
* Work with architecture, development and product line management teams in a collaborative manner to technically validate implementation risk/opportunities.
* Contribute to large scale distributed automation solutions for operational environments in which agility is critical to meet rapidly changing requirements
* Contribute/Author documentation including whitepapers, implementation guides, functional specifications, etc.
* Develop broadly distributed data architectures that support scaled serverless implementations.
* Architect, validate and demonstrate relevant aspects of implementation - reporting, root cause analysis, defect resolution and process improvement
* Interfacing and collaborating with multiple organizations to address overall data schema, structure, and normalization.
* M.S. in EE/CS/Physics or equivalent experience (15+ years).
* Experience as a primary contributor in efforts that include architecture analysis, creation, implementation and validation of complex data environments.
* Understand systems integration for operational workflows in complex data environments spanning multiple organizations.
* Broad exposure to databases, data structures, and networking protocols.
* Clear understanding of current operational automation solutions available in the industry.
* A passion for efficient data collection, normalization, analysis, and reporting.
* Must be hands on with a broad range of data technologies.
* Multi cloud implementations of distributed data stores
* Direct experience with message busses - Rabbit, WAMP, ZeroMQ, Kafka, etc
* Basic IP networking skills
* Demonstrated experience with automated operational workflows for scaled networks
* Understand the tools and processes of a product development lifecycle.
* Software development experience - [Python, Node, Go, C, C++, etc]
* Implementation experience - continuous integration/development/deployment
* Proven communication skills and problem solving.
* Direct customer facing experience - Operational organizations
* Experience working with support/operations team(s) - Ops, Eng, Arch
* Hands on experience in the delivery of custom automation solutions
* Experience with operations in scaled data networks
* Hands on experience with automated workflow-reporting in scaled environments
* Direct experience designing adaptive data solutions facilitating 'self-service' capabilities
* Proficiency in statistical methods, classification, analytics, and modeling
* Experience with distributed analog and/or digital feedback control systems (Closed loop)
* Strong IP networking skills
* Clear understanding of complex adaptive systems
* Experience designing and implementing probabilistic data structures
* Dynamic resolution - data structures for adaptive sensor capabilities
* An understanding of data structures for mission critical embedded implementations
* Home worker status is available for this position
* Travel requirements for the position 10%