As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Staff SW Engineer focusing on Hadoop development within the Visa Business Solutions Product Development organization which is a part of Visa's Data Product Development group and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ Information products and services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, BI reporting, analytics and data mining solutions, B2B payments platform. You will work on customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, highly-available RESTful services, back-end Java based systems and the latest technologies in Big Data.
This position reports to Director, Visa IntelliLink Platform and will be based in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will be a senior level developer focused on application development of critical information based applications.
* Work with product owners to understand the desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Mentor junior developers
* Continuously improve software engineering practices
* Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in design and development of large scale software products and services
* Extensive experience with following technologies: Java, Spark/Scala, RDBMS, Big Data Hadoop platform technologies and tools (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Flume and related tools)
* Extensive experience building data analytics applications
* Strong working experiences implementing Big Data processing using MapReduce algorithms and Hadoop/Spark APIs
* Solid understanding of principles and APIs of MapReduce, RDD, DataFrame and DataSets
* Experience building work flow to perform predictive analysis, muilti-dimensional analysis, data enrichments etc.
* Experience with sound grasp of Restful design principles and proficient with REST/JSON interfaces in Java
* Experience of database fundamentals, RDBMS data modeling, NOSQL database and data modeling and programming
* Knowledge of secure coding practices and framework is a plus
* Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
* Experience in supporting large enterprise applications.
* Always have an aptitude to learn new technologies and take on challenges.
* Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology discipline.
* Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.