As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Marketing Service team to help design, enhance and build our Integrated Marketing Platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building development of marketing platform services including big data pipelines, spark jobs, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
* Lead the design, development and implementation of various initiatives and take the ownership to deliver the functionalities.
* Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
* Design, develop and maintain mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
* Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
* Develop high quality code, participate in code reviews and mentor junior developers also to ensure the deliveries on time, within budget, and with good code quality using all proactive code validation techniques.
* Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
* Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
* Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
* Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
* Lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
* You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
* 10+ years of software design, architecture and development experience.
* Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
* Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source and Big Data technologies.
* Strong in design and coding skills with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Map Reduce, Yarn, Kafka or equivalent
* Strong in Core Java development concepts and design patterns.
* Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests, or following TDD.
* Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Git and Docker.
* Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs and technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
* Hands on experience in Scala is a plus.
* Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
* Product development experience is Must.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.