Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Maryland - Frederick
What You Will Be A Part Of:
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Staff Security Engineer has global leadership responsibility for the engineering and mentorship associated with security tools and personnel when it comes to planning, building, configuration, deployment and run & maintain support of the security tools used to protect, detect and respond to security threats.
What You Will Do:
* Responsible for the planning, building, configuration, deployment and run/ maintenance of support for the security tools used to protect, detect and respond to security threats
* Acts in a leading role / mentor to Junior Security Engineers by establishing a culture of excellence in engineering
* Identifies key areas for improvement in the technology used
* Constantly looking for ways to better utilize the technology present
* Creates scripts, custom code, and/or APIs to deploy configurations, create automation, and ensure communication between tools
* Primary point of responsibility in tool effectiveness in terms of making sure it's running according to vendor specification, configuration, and deployment requirements
* Support security documentation program manager providing SME input into policy, standards and guidelines
* Use of influence skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control
* Work with appropriate staff across organization
* Ensure documentation and processes are well defined so that the engineered solutions are understood and repeatable
* Ensure solutions are well built, backed up & restore tested, and consistently maintained for health
* Proactively advise the business on how to maintain security posture
* Perform other duties as assigned
How You Will Get Here:
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
* Relevant technical certificates a plus
* 8+ years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, or SOC work experience
* Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
* Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
* Excellent customer service skills required
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.