Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, the Office of the CTO (OCTO) is responsible for defining, publishing and managing the way that Schwab delivers and run solutions for Schwab's clients. The organization works with the thousands of technologists and the business to ensure that Schwab produces scalable, secure, high-quality product and operations. The Office of the CTO is organized into departments that are responsible for Enterprise Architecture, Application and Platform Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, the Delivery Experience, and Technology Strategy.
What you'll do:
As a Delivery Experience Tools team member, you will be responsible for helping with the evaluation, development and configuration of various tools and applications. Our clients span the entire business but are primarily software developers, business analysts, project managers, and business partner teams that work closely with application development teams across the enterprise. The tools we support are used every day by Schwab's software development community and include Application Lifecycle Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile Planning, Source Code Management, Test, Build, Security, and Process Automation tooling.
Detailed responsibilities include:
* Drive Best of Class Test Automation strategies and tool adoption across Schwab following the latest Agile test methodologies
* Enable teams to use TDD/BDD/ATDD using Gherkin/Cucumber
* Improve QA efficiency by working with teams to adopt tooling
* Become a subject-matter expert for a wide subset of tools, including the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd), Atlassian stack augmentations (Zephyr/ZAPI), GIT, Jenkins Core, IBM Security products, and other state-of-the-art build/test automation tools.
* Provide hands on customization, integrations, and custom application/script development for various tools to meet client/Product Owner's needs.
* Provide effective solutions to complex engineering problems
* Evaluate various tools, applications and plug-ins to ensure our customer needs are met.
* Embrace team's development process/methodology, participate fully and provide coaching to less senior engineers where applicable.
* Provide expert setup, configuration, support, troubleshooting, usage guidance, and training to our clients for supported tools.
* Enhance existing and implement new tools to integrate with continuous delivery systems.
* Take the lead in communicating concisely and effectively with team members, clients and stakeholders on team deliverables, risks and issues.
* Communicate with individuals on application teams including Managers, Developers, Project Managers, and Infrastructure Support in an Agile development environment.
* Work closely with management on understanding the overall direction/scope of various projects and help translate those into JIRA artifacts.
* Periodic rotational on call support.
What you have:
* 5-7 years of experience in software development, tools administration, and/or usage with a desire to provide technical and/or support leadership on a wide variety of industry-leading tools.
* Experience with development operations of continuous integration, automated testing and automation of the dev process.
* Experience in a DevOps / CI / CD oriented environment is must.
* Hands on experience in Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Test-NG and JMeter open source tools
* Experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks and solutions
* Experience in distributed testing using cloud providers such as Sauce Labs, Browser Stack, Perfecto Mobile, AWS Device Farm or Blazemeter
* Hands on experience with Windows / Linux servers
* Hands on experience with MS SQL
* Experience using Source Control to build Software
* Git Preferred, TFSVC useful
* Branching Strategies
* Merging, Resolving Conflicts
* Experience with Package Manager and Registries
* Nuget, npm, Maven
* Publishing, consuming, troubleshooting
* Experience with at least one Compiled Language and at least one Interpreted Language
* C#, Java, C++
* PowerShell, Python, bash
* Experience with building large scale CI systems
* Bamboo or Jenkins preferred
* Designing, Administering, and troubleshooting Secure Build Farms
* CI Practices Evangelist
* Experience Investigating and Documenting Technical Processes
* Reviewing, editing, and creating content
* Identifying stakeholders and gathering Requirements
* Working knowledge of Cloud-based solutions such as AWS and CloudFoundry
* Integrating with Ticketing Systems such as JIRA and Remedy
* Interest in building an Enterprise-level CD pipeline
* Strong working knowledge of software development methodologies.
* Ability to multi-task with numerous activities running concurrently
* Experience working in an Agile delivery model environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a desire to share knowledge through creation and refinement of written content
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and prioritization skills with a solid ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
* BA/BS or higher degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience with any of the automation and configuration Management tools Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Salt etc.
* Desire to provide excellent client service through strong subject matter expertise, tenacious debugging and problem-solving skills, and a service-focused communication style.
* Desire to solve problems systemically by looking for root causes and identifying ways to reduce support needs of our clients through automation, documentation, and training
* Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to less senior team members of the team
* Highly curious nature and willingness to learn through multiple methods, including independent research and self-study
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.