Role Summary:This position is responsible for designing Testing Strategy and implementation for highly complex modules, critical components and whole application/product release in its entirety. S/he has the vision to understand, design and integrate quality within SDLC. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system and user acceptance testing.
Essential Responsibilities:The position drives the automated Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system and user acceptance testing within a cloud based service platform environment. Driving modern testing techniques (TDD, BDD) in a Lean Agile organization is highly important.
We are seeking someone desiring to meet the challenges of this exciting career next step.
In this role you will:
* Shows deep understanding of architecture, scalability, availability and performance considerations as well as its impact on quality engineering
* Leads discussions about Software Quality Engineering across product / application release.
* Have a proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
* Provide expertise in Design, Architecture, Development and Shipping from Quality Engineering perspective
* Lead impact assessment and decision related to Quality Engineering plan and strategy for the whole release.
* Provide expert oversight, mentoring team members and leading quality initiatives in large development efforts. Experienced in effectively delegating work.
* Demonstrate deep understanding of competitive landscape, latest trends and technologies in Quality Engineering.
* Demonstrate the ability of benchmarking against competition.
* Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus
* Provides subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
* Navigate through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations
* Demonstrate expert level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, Influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view.
* Lead Quality Engineering efforts across the product version/s
* Provide expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience OR PhD with 4 years of experience.
* Recent experience in complex Cloud-oriented environment; i.e., AWS or Azure.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
This role will be responsible for development, maintenance and execution of UI & API automation scripts for Predix based applications that includes all phases of functional and automation testing of a variety of application types, including web-based applications & REST APIs. This person should be able to manages multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other teams to ensure deadlines are met and application quality and performance meets our standards before production implementation.
* Effectively plan, define test Strategy/test cases, provide QA estimates, provide test management and test reporting throughout the testing cycle
* Create, modify and execute REST API automation scripts using tools like ResAssured, Java, TestNG
* Create test cases, perform manual testing and log detailed defects in CA Rally
* Collaborate with project teams to understand project architecture and business requirements to devise an automation test strategy and test plans
* Work closely with product management to determine acceptance criteria for testing
* Should be able to understand the technical details of the product and assist development team in trouble shooting issues
* Should be able to analyze quality of the product before rolling to customers by analyzing and validating defect leakages
* Experience with Performance testing using JMeter (Nice to have)
* Familiarity with CI/CD process and tools (Jenkins preferred)
* Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition.
* Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
* Demonstrates deep understanding of competitive landscape, latest trends and technologies in Quality Engineering.
* Navigates through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations.
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
* Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
* Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
* Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
* Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
About Us:GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Illinois;Chicago;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.