Specific duties and responsibilities include improving the uptime of Nextgen Office applications as we scale to meet customer demand.
* Enhance and extend CICD automation to improve speed, reliability and repeatability of deployments of internal and 3rd party software.
* Identify relevant CICD metrics and implement real time monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding.
* Analyze, troubleshoot, communicate and suggest improvements for CICD.
* Strong sense of ownership, DevOps philsophy oriented
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 10+ years' experience building automated CICD pipeline (SCM, Build, Release)
* 5+ years' experience with build and deploy tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket)
* 5+ years' experience with testing tools (SonarQube, Junit)
* 5+ years' experience with virtualization (VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes)
* 5+ years' scripting experience (Python preferred
* 5+ years' experience supporting/debugging java applications
* 5+ years' experience with monitoring, alerting, trending, dashboarding tools (Nagios, DataDog, StatusPage, SumoLogic/Splunk/ELK/EFK, Grafana,etc)
* Experience troubleshooting Apache Tomcat and Java applications
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Experience with Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence
* Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs.
* Experience working in complex, high availability, 24X7X365 SaaS environments.
* Experience working in a HIPAA/PHI environment
* Database experience in Oracle, MySQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, Aurora
* NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB
* AWS or similar cloud provider
* DevOps experience, passion for automation
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Our team builds state-of-the art healthcare applications that empower doctors, administrators, and patients in the healthcare delivery process. You will be responsible for the delivering high quality Continuous Integration and Delivery solutions for Nextgen's web-based EHR and Practice Management products. As part of the Site Reliability team your will bring DevOps principles to automate building, testing and deploying our hybrid (public and private) cloud services.
The Staff CICD engineer is responsible for designing, building, troubleshooting and maintaining our CICD pipeline. The Staff CICD engineer will work closely with Software Architects, Developers, Quality Assurance and peers on the Site Reliability team to increase speed and quality of software and infrastructure changes into our production environment
4075 Sorrento Valley Boulevard, Sorrento Valley, California 92121
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare (formerly known as Quality Systems) is a provider of software, services, and analytics solutions to medical and dental group practices.