Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr Specialist in Technology Enablement for our Management Consulting practice.
* Collaborate with software engineers, UI designers, and technical leadership as part of a dynamic, distributed, fast moving project team to write great code and build elegant systems which make an impact
* Analyze requirements to define development approach & tasks for new and existing backend software to power web & mobile applications
* Independently execute development tasks for backend software systems
* Continuously learn in order to improve skills in development and deployment platforms
* Contribute to technical design decisions and documentation of system architecture
* Mentor peers and teammates on software development process and user experience methodologies
* A minimum of three years of experience of developing scalable tested software following RESTful SOA/Micro services paradigms in J2EE or .NET using tools such as Hibernate, MVC, Spring using both on premise as well we cloud based solutions such as AWS and Azure
* Ability to define and implement backend software architectures based on business requirements provided by team members
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience with agile software development processes
* Deep level of expertise with data persistence with both relational and NoSQL databases such as: SQL Server, MySql, Oracle, Dynamo DB, Cassandra, SOL/ElasticSearch, or other current data storage technologies
* Fluent in version control with Git and Git workflows as and working in a continues delivery environment with working knowledge of tools just as Jenkins and Devops principles
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.