Bank Of New York Mellon
Team and the new generation platform
The Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) group is responsible for building technology to support three of the most critical services of BNY Mellon - US Government Securities Clearance, US Triparty Repo and Global Collateral Management. These platforms are responsible for clearing and settling equity and fixed-income transactions in markets around the globe, and managing more than $3 trillion in global collateral.
The group is building solutions to help our clients in collateral sourcing, collateral optimization and high-performance real-time transaction processing. Our collateral optimizer was the finalist in the Franz Edelman Award - considered the highest honor in Operations Research. To meet new market challenges and provide new functionality to our clients, our group is working on building the next generation collateral platform. The new platform will be mission-critical, high-performance, high-availability, and will include big-data, machine-learning analytics capabilities.
The work environment is fast-paced with very high levels of collaboration with global product managers (London & New York).
We are looking for strong Scrum Masters with preferably CSM or PMI-ACP certification who are excited about helping with this build by monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings, increasing team efficiency, motivating the scrum team, arguing for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. The essential duties of the scrum master are:
* Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
* Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
* Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
* Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
* Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
* Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner maintaining the product backlog
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. CSM, PMI-ACP, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial,
* 8 - 10 years of experience required,
* Experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
* Experience in playing the SM role for software development team for large initiatives
* Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Experience working with off-shore teams and diverse backgrounds
* Applicable knowledge of the technologies (JIRA, Confluence) used by the team
* Experience with scaling methodologies
* The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1907537
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon