Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Systems Analyst Sr., is responsible for conducting system and process analysis, creating technical and functional specifications, testing and implementation oversight of new and enhanced system functions, features and project deliverables. Proficiency with business engagement at all levels, including leadership, to elicit needs, determine scope and report on project progress is essential. This role will provide expertise that is critical to the identification of technology opportunities, leading projects with technology teams and ensuring effective use of technology to support business process.
Strong foundations in information technology and business process are essential.
This role will also support the technical teams with project scope development and delivery processes. It is critical for this position to obtain a thorough understanding of technology, policy, operational procedures, system landscape, constraints, and both the customer and technical team perspective to be successful.
* Business engagement to elicit demand, define needs, prioritise work and communicate across teams.
* Performs business process analysis to define requirements.
* Develops business process flows and data models for new system development or for process redesign.
* Maps current processes to the desired state and identifies gaps such as program functions, output requirements, input requirements and sources and data conversion strategies.
* Enforces technology standards for development, documentation and maintenance of new and existing systems, makes recommendations for improvement.
* Lead the technical teams through realizing solutions and the system development lifecycle.
* Develop high level cost-benefit analysis, document proposals and determine budgets.
* Collaborates with internal customers to ensure user requirements are complete.
* Confirms delivered changes and enhancements meet technical specifications and user requirements.
* Safeguard agreed upon scope and leverage internal change control processes.
* Makes appropriate recommendations for continuing, modifying, or abandoning proposed projects based on the results of feasibility studies and/or cost/benefit analyses.
* Able to provides test plans, develops test cases and reviews/approves the execution of those test cases.
* Contributes to end-user instruction when needed.
* Keeps informed of trends and new developments in technology to better advise management of means to accomplish business and information systems goals.
* Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
* Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent years experience.
* 5+ years of experience in a senior technical role with application and business engagement experience.
* Experience working with SaaS based solutions and their architecture, Salesforce is preferred.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills. Able to bridge communication between technical areas and business areas for a full and complete understanding of expectations.
* Experienced with IT system and software QA test planning, system testing, testing automation systems and test execution.
* Understanding of the system development life cycle including: Waterfall, SCRUM, and Agile.
* Ability to clearly articulate project objectives, best-practices and selected solution reasoning to business teams including escalating issues to management when necessary.
* Must have excellent project and time management skills.
* Ability to multi-task efficiently on parallel efforts.
* Ability to drive requirements and project work through to closure.
* Experience in reviewing technical designs, and experience in code reviews - providing feedback on whether the technical design and code satisfies functional specifications.
* Training and experience in good test design; experience writing test cases and reviewing/approving the execution of those test cases.
* Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
* Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
* Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
* Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
JOB FAMILY:IT Services & Solutions Delivery
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States > Texas > Austin : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite 100
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf