Bank Of New York Mellon
Sr. Specialist Full Stack (Java) Developer - J2EE, Micro Services, Front-end (Angular 2+ required)
The Alternate Investment Service Client Technology group is a collaborative development team with the goal of delivering a uniform, responsive user experience to clients, enabling automation and operational efficiencies across business processes. We are actively working on designing and implementing a digital strategy for Alternative business to automate business processes and reimagining client experience. We embrace Agile methodology and Open Source technologies.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who has a passion for their craft and seeking to get the job done right for the best outcome for our clients. Someone who is highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
* Requirements Analysis
* Technical architecture
* Application design and implementation
* Automated testing
* Application deployment
* Second/Third level support of applications
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Hands on experience of 8-10+ years on J2EE, RESTful Services and front-end technologies is required
* Expert with agile development process and project management tools like Jira or Trello
* Experience building apps, micro-services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
* Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks such as Spring is required
* Experience with build and CI tools such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins is required
* Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, MQ and JMS) is a plus
* Experience using application containers, caching technologies and cloud based technologies like Docker containers is required. Knowledge of AWS/Azure is a plus
* Knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) is required and understanding of NoSQL databases (Postgres, Vertica) is a plus
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
* Proven ability to write automated unit and integration tests for front-end and back-end code
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1906898
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon