Santander Consumer USA
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company's information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: End User Support
Provides technical support to internal users of technology products in support of providing service to internal or external end-user clients of technology solutions. Supports staff triage issues, executes standard operating procedures, manages work and communicates the status of issues. Takes end user calls and requests and responds by diagnosing and resolving problems that fall within defined guidelines. Provides desktop support to the field by identifying, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving requests. Escalates more complex problems to technical support teams for other domains.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Specialist, End User Support provides a single point of contact for clients to receive support and maintenance for the desktop computing environment, S/he delivers support to end users about how to use various software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives and ensures proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
* Functions as the main contact person for technical support and troubleshooting.
* Provides both desk-side and remote support to end-users.
* Manages the distribution and maintenance of mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets, to include operating system and application updates, as well as mobile device management on these devices.
* Administers VOIP phones and voicemail.
* Manages software to include downloads and licenses.
* Procures miscellaneous IT items such as memory, printers, cables, monitors, etc.
* Responsible for ensuring that the endpoint encryption process is implemented for all applicable endpoints.
* Posts technical articles to assist associate populace (e.g., "Tips and Tricks")
* Responsible for the setup and configuration of multi-function and network printers.
* Interacts with vendors for troubleshooting, maintenance contracts, and new services. Ensures that warranty terms are tracked for endpoint maintenance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education -
* Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
* or equivalent work experience
* Experience -
* 3-5 years Experience with client (PC) technologies and support services.
* Skills & Abilities -
* Experience with IT helpdesk ticketing software
* Experience pulling cables and installing PC's
* Understands general end-user support methodologies (i.e. ITIL framework)
* Excellent communication skills
* Possess a strong customer service focus with a genuine desire to assist
* Ability to work independently
* Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving
* Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
* Ability to work with others in researching and resolving problems
* Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize tasks and end-user support tickets
* Ability to remain calm in an occasionally high-pressure environment
* Licenses & Certifications -
* Certifications: CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (Certified IT Professional or Certified Systems Administrator), ITIL Foundations v3
* Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
* Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
* Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
* The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
About Santander Consumer USA
Car Loans and Auto Refinance