Bank Of New York Mellon
Sr. Specialist Developer - Full Stack Microsoft, C#, .Net Core, AngularJS 2/4
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of June 30, 2014, BNY Mellon had $28.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create trade, hold, manage service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.
Praeeo is the Investor Services Application Platform specific to the Alternative Investments Investors providing Transfer Agency Services and Investor Accounting capabilities. The Praeeo team is seeking a senior hands on application developer that will guide the global development team and serve as member of Alternatives Investments Technology team with a focus on Investor Services technology.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
* Provide comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management, senior technical staff and other internal business groups
* Work with internal business groups on implementations, challenges, and requirements of various applications
* Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for specific business groups
* Provide detailed technical designs and document solution considerations for applications across the Investor Services technology portfolio
* Develop applications which reflect business logic of the section or division
* Define and develop application components, platforms, and interfaces
* Participate in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools
* Provide technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams
* Consult on integration and conversion activities, experiences, and considerations
* Evaluate compliance with the organization's technology standards
* Guide and consult with IT management and technical staff regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services
* Participate in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies
* Advocate for innovative, creative technology solutions and contributed to the achievement of area objectives.
* Contributes to the achievement of the area's organization objectives.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Full stack Microsoft Developer
* Strong Database Programming skills (MSSQL, T-SQL)
* C# (OOP, Multithreading), .Net Core, AngularJS 2/4, WPF, MVC/MVVM
* WCF, Entity Framework, EF Core
* RESTful Services, .Net Web API
* Advanced Kafka, RabbitMQ
* Experience in integration with multiple back-end systems, Docker container.
* NoSQL database experience a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1906904
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon