The Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a senior-level Solutions Engineer to join our growing advertising technical operations team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Technical Operations, you will work closely with our Technical Operations, Partner Advertising Support, Publisher Services, Programmatic Sales Engineering, Product, Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to integrate, analyze, optimize and support our network of advertising channel partners in both the direct and programmatic advertising technology arenas.
This role has a heavy emphasis initially on video ad operations, but the role may expand to display capabilities over time, as well. Direct display advertising is not required, but a huge plus!
You will become a subject matter expert in all matters related to our Google Ad Manager and SpotXChange video ad server configurations, as well as Roku's proprietary ad serving technologies leveraging our Roku Advertising Framework (RAF). Your primary focus will be our Programmatic ad strategy implementation and optimizations workflows. As part of this exciting and dynamic role at Roku, your core responsibilities will include:
* Understanding all things "Ad Tech" including having the ability to compare and contrast Direct and Programmatic pipelines/channels. Be able to document and present your vision, concepts and strategies clearly and succinctly.
* Possessing a comprehensive understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, including discussions of SSPs, DSPs, DMPs, Publishers, etc.
* Working diligently to become a subject matter expert in all things Roku video advertising, including Direct and Programmatic business channels.
* Working with senior engineers on the Ad Platform team to define the next generation architecture for applications to support Roku technical and non-technical stakeholders; including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain.
* Contributing to the vision, strategy, and execution for the Technical Operations, QA, Product and Engineering groups across the Roku Advertising Network.
* Troubleshooting and debugging fill rates, render rates, VAST Opt-Out Rates, VAST Timeout Rates and other Direct and Programmatic-specific advertising deficiencies.
* Conducting both high-level overviews and technical deep-dives into both current and future areas of optimization across the network. This may include publisher waterfall analysis and discussion, programmatic pipeline review, business and technical-level discussions.
* Leveraging your world-class communication skillset to clearly summarize and articulate simple solutions to complex problems to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
* Exhibiting World-Class client-facing skills. You are equally comfortable presenting to C-level staff both internal and external as you are presenting to an external-facing client.
* Working closely with engineering-level teams and QA to review existing documentation and test cases. Contribute to the evolution of testing strategies and test case coverage across our advertising stack.
* Being able to hit the ground running. Have the capabilities to rapidly absorb information and come up-to-speed quickly as a self-starter.
* Defining, documenting and managing partner integration efforts, as necessary, for Programmatic initiatives at Roku.
* Creating extensive documentation on all processes and ad guidelines/specifications and educate operational, product, and sales stakeholders as required.
* 5-10 years' experience in AdTech/MarTech at a top-line publisher, AdTech, MarTech, DSP, SSP, Ad Network or Ad Agency preferably as a Solutions or Integrations or Professional Services Engineer
* Strong critical-thinking, analytical, logical, and results-oriented skillset.
* Analytical mindset, project management-oriented, deadline-driven, and process-oriented.
* Demonstrable portfolio of cross-functional team orientation, alignment, evolution and leadership.
* Ability to facilitate discussions and drive projects forward, as necessary.
* Working knowledge of common tool sets and industry terms such as POSTMAN, URL editors/parsers, VAST, XML, OpenRTB, PMPs, SSPs, DSPs, SSAI, CSAI, etc.
* Proficiency with big data visualization tools as DataDog, Tableau or similar. Exposure to and working knowledge of SQL, HIVE or another database architecture a strong plus.
* Command-line expertise with Linux or UNIX a plus.
* Exposure to and working knowledge of OTT advertising a strong plus.
* Ad Operations experience in portfolio strongly desired.
* Experience with Google Ad Manager, or other similar top-line video ad serving tools highly desired.
* Exposure to and working knowledge of SQL, HIVE or another database architecture a strong plus.