Are you excited to help large Enterprises make the jump to the cloud? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of cloud migration projects? Do you have experience leading technical strategy across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Specialist Solutions Architects to work with and enable our Enterprise account teams and customers to accelerate their cloud migration journey, focusing on migrating their messaging systems to the cloud. You will understand customer business drivers, their current architectures, help design reliable and scalable solution, and define a migration path. You will be part of a cross functional team including business development, sales, partners, and professional services, engaging with leadership internally and within the customer environment. You will be focused on driving successful outcomes for customers, migrating production workloads that depend on messaging systems to AWS.
The Specialist Solutions Architect works with account managers, account Solutions Architects for a number of high-value Enterprises, to lead architecture assessment and design, to drive technical strategy across the broader team. The Specialist Solutions Architect will have expertise in messaging architectures and must have the ability to train and mentor account Solution Architects in technologies and best practices, enabling them to conduct future engagements independently.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
* Engaging with IT executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies showing thought-leadership and a 'can do' approach to Enterprise migrations.
* Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals.
* Defining and executing on the messaging migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.
* Assessing technical feasibility, identifying dependencies and overcoming obstacles.
* Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at a customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for messaging migration.
* Working with large-scale messaging architectures and assisting customers and Solution Architects devise best practices.
* Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS messaging solutions.
* Act as a player-coach, leading the team but also actively leading customer engagements and deals.
This role provides a unique opportunity to enable the account teams including Solutions Architects lead transformational change in large Enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud, including leading many such engagements.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.